Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ashtray Heart

"Another day, another way,
Somebody's had too much to think."

It's rare that Los Angeles gets so many awesome mornings so consecutively. The picture above was taken today, obviously. As hard as it may be to live here, I love it. I was born and raised here and I think I will die here as well. Though with my family in Salem, OR, I shall be spending my vacations up there.

I went to visit them for the first time last year in April. I chose a perfect time to go. It was beautiful. Everything was so green and just awesome. I don't know if I could ever live there, but it's definitely a place I will continue to visit.


Today is her birthday. Unfortunately, she's away. This is the first year that we won't be doing many things together. It makes me sad to think about, but I am also proud of what she's doing. Though she may not be here physically, she'll aways be with me.

So I've been thinking quite a lot about what I want to do with photography. For one, I am glad that 2008 is already starting off on a good note as far as concerts. I don't think, however, that my camera will be allowed in to most of the venues I will be attending. Foo Fighters on March 6th @ the Forum. Seether on April 18th @ The Wiltern. I may be lucky enough for the Seether show.


These were taken at the House of Blues in Anaheim. I was surprised I was able to get my camera in there. The Wiltern is a smaller venue, so I may be lucky once again. We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the observatory!

Timmy said...

Nice, you're going to the Foo Fighters concert. I remember seeing them a while back at the Irvine amphitheater, they're really good live.

Timmy said...

Oh, and in regards to your question about gaming... yeah, I still do, but only on occasion. Work doesn't give me as much time to play as I'd like to. Actually, that might be a good thing.

I used to play WoW, but that got expensive and really time consuming. I still sneak in a game of CS and Team Fortress 2 when time allows =).

And I'm too busy saving up for more camera gear to buy a new console.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the observatory...haven't been there since i was pregnant w/my little one (almost 7 years ago).!!! We should go there one day....when?