Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hard light shadows

Today's project: Make a photograph using hard light today. Feature the crisp and strong shadows as a major element of your photograph.

At first, I was wondering what I could do for today's assignment. I knew it had to involve shadows, obviously, but it's been a rainy day today, so there's no sun. I could use artificial light, but I really couldn't think of anything I can try.

I decided to cheat again. Third straight time, but I had a good idea on what I could use for the assignment.

I remembered a certain picture that my friend had sent me from Afghanistan when he was deployed there.



As you all know, Afghanistan is a desert, with a strong sun. He was on patrol when he brought out his camera and took a self image of his shadow. The strong sun shows the detail in his shadow, down to his weapon.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This picture is awesome! I love it! :D The lighting, his shadow! It's cool! :D