Monday, January 12, 2009

1st run...

Today was my first run for the year. I was a little iffy about running what I was used to before, but to my surprise, I was content with what I did this morning.

I decided to do the same route I normally do, which is 1.5 miles. Normally before after a break from running, I would make the route shorter. Not this time, I decided I should do the entire 1.5 mile trek. Even if I had to stop and walk for a bit.

As I made it home, I felt good about running the route non-stop. I didn't think I'd be able to, but I was. I didn't bother looking at how long I did it, because I knew it wasn't going to be as fast as before, so that really wasn't an issue. Just the fact that I did not stop to walk was good enough.

I'm going to put more effort into keeping a consistent schedule. I'm hoping by the end of the month, I can move up to 2 miles, up on Wilson's track.

No comments: