Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Era

Today is the first full day that Barack Obama is President of the United States. Congratulations.


I was watching the Presidential Inauguration yesterday. It almost felt surreal. I am not sure why, exactly. I do know that I was excited to finally have him in office.

I also realized something yesterday that... well, might seem weird.

I am glad to finally have Bush out of office, but looking past his bad policies, and the mistake's he's made, he didn't seem like a bad guy. I know you're thinking, "What?"
Yeah, I'm serious. As a President, he sucked. We all know that. But as a person, he just seemed like a genuine nice person.

I started thinking about that when Obama and Bush were together yesterday during the Inauguration, just prior to Bush leaving on the helicopter to Edward's AFB. It's common courtesy to shake hands with the person you are transferring power to, but there was more than just that between the new and former President's.

I don't know, maybe I am just going crazy here, but that's what I think. I can tell you one thing I'll miss about the guy. His awesome speeches.

Kevin and Bean made a little tribute to Bush and his verbal skills. Enjoy.

Goodbye to Bush.

No comments: