Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Layered in Zoom



Today's project (3/23): Make a photograph today that uses layers as a compositional tool.

I had to think about this one for a bit. It wasn't terribly difficult, though I was able to come up with an idea.

I went outside to find something to shoot, when I happened to come upon a lone bee floating around.

It was windy, so the bee wouldn't sit still for too long. I tried to keep my camera as it floated from flower to flower, hoping it'd be still enough to shoot it. As soon as it stopped, I took several shots. This one ended up my favorite.

I then went to photoshop to give it a feeling of zooming in on the bee. I used a blur filter. It was tricky, but I think it came out decent.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Nice focus on the bee! :D I'm not a big fan of bees though. D: