Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Third Sunset

Today's project (Tuesday 3/22): Illustrate the rule of thirds in a photograph today.

This assignment was a tough one. I almost had forgotten what this meant, but it came back to me.



I had to use a grid setting in the camera to align the shot that I wanted. I had gone with a different view of the horizon, but the peak of the house caught my eye, and I readjusted the angle.

In this photo, I aligned the bottom horizontal line along the edge of the horizon where the housing meets the skyline. As far as the vertical guides, the two trees on the left align with the left guide, while the peak of the roof o the house aligns with the right vertical line.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Really pretty sunset! :D I've taken similar pics cause I love it when the sky has those shades of purple, pink oh and red in it! Also night is way better then the day. :P