Friday, March 25, 2011

The Ninja in Motion

Today's project (Friday 3/25): Make a photograph of something in motion. Use blur to help convey the motion you are capturing.

I must say, I don't think I've ever had an idea jump in my mind so quick like it did today. As soon as I read "something in motion", I instantly know what, or rather, who, I wanted to use as my subject.



Meet The Ninja. He's a UPS Service Provider. He's one of my drivers from my home building that delivers to Santa Monica. I asked him if I can use him for an assignment, and he agreed to volunteered.

The first picture I took, I was standing on the sidewalk as he drove by in his UPS Package Car. Although he was driving (fast) down a major street, I wasn't complete sure I wanted to use that particular photo. For one, I didn't like the color of the sky. Second, there were other cars around it that I didn't like in the shot either.

I then met up with The Ninja at the Brentwood Country Mart on 26th St. in Santa Monica. He was interested in my assignment and was excited to have pictures taken.

I decided to use this particular photo because not only does it show him with his deliveries, but I also like the many colors around him, including the sky. Although he's not walking very fast... actually, nevermind, I lied. He's VERY fast.

Many thanks to The Ninja for his services.

No comments: